7.12.2008

The Calgary Stampede!

I wouldn't be a Calgarian if I hadn't hit the Stampede this week!

I'm not big on rides or the rodeo (I'm saving that for the Strathmore Heritage Days Stampede at the end of July... why watch the bulls when you can run with them?) but I always enjoy walking the grounds, seeing the exhibits, and taking in the stuff that doesn't make me nauseated. :)

First stop was the ag exhibits, where there were baby pigs. Who knew they came in brown?



After that, we toured the grounds; apparently WestJet is now sponsoring the skyride. I miss the old coloured cars.



I love catching people's expressions on rides.



The games always look like more fun than they are...





And of course, you can't miss the giant ferris wheel.



But my favourite part of the Stampede? Yup, the Superdogs. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the pups.



One day left, folks! Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.