2.14.2010

Giving Back - NILMDTS

Yesterday, I spent my day attending the official training seminar for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, a non-profit organization I have volunteered with for about a year now.  NILMDTS provides remembrance photography to families facing early infant loss; it is a beautiful gift to be able to give images of a precious child to a family that will have to go on without them.  I feel very lucky to be a part of this fantastic organization.


It was a very informative day and it was great to network and share stories with other photographers who have had similar experiences in this work.  Thank you to Trina Lewis of Creations Photography in Edmonton, Alberta for presenting the training seminar and for hosting all of us in your lovely home. 

Click here to view a clip from The Today Show for more information about Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep.  For those interested in volunteering or donating to the cause, you can visit their website at http://www.nilmdts.org.

"We make a living from what we get; we make a life by what we give." -W. Churchill

1 comment:

Creations said...

It was very nice to meet you - thank you for attending!